One of many exhibits you to definitely federal prosecutors used to help show their instance facing Patrick Daley Thompson U.S. Section Judge
– Given that government bodies experienced the fresh bank’s courses, Gembara borrowed $80,100 for the 11th ward cluster providers, went from the Thompson and another away from his uncles, Get ready State Administrator John Daley. Functioning on requests away from government bodies, the bank’s panel frozen Gembara on the .
– Thompson once again emailed Gembara, now “from closing away from ward and financial,” centered on a contact prosecutors desired to expose just like the facts however, failed to. The latest items in this email was not put out.
– Gembara try discovered dead – that have a rope up to his neck, from inside the a placed reputation in a seat from inside the fundamental rooms out-of his lender buyers Marek Matczuk’s $one million home inside Park Ridge. Cops about northwest suburb in addition to Cook Condition medical examiner’s workplace influenced brand new passing a committing suicide, although some Gembara household members and household members checkless payday loans in Logan Ohio enjoys expected one to selecting. Matczuk features while the become charged with embezzling $six mil regarding the financial – one of fifteen people, also Thompson, have been energized on the ongoing data of the lender. Matczuk awaits demonstration.
– Government regulators power down Washington Federal after training of many unpaid funds – and Thompson’s. New bank’s dumps, plus Thompson’s aldermanic venture account, have been ended up selling so you can Royal Deals Bank. He previously transferred more than $600,100000 because membership typically, using about $590,one hundred thousand of this.
– The brand new Thompsons got a page regarding the Federal Deposit Insurance policies Corp. saying it needed seriously to pay back the fresh new $219,000 lent off Washington Federal, also interest. Inside resulting months, Thompson lied in order to regulators, stating however borrowed significantly less than simply the ones from the lending company – only $110,100000.
– Eventually refinancing the bungalow, the brand new Thompsons had a great $454,100 home loan away from Morgan Stanley Private Bank. Kathleen Thompson closed brand new papers – but blogged you to she wasn’t responsible for paying the mortgage.
– Federal representatives served Thompson that have a beneficial subpoena at his household, picking out the couple’s tax statements, a home documents, facts regarding Washington Government and “any records connected with loans built to otherwise off the fresh Friends out-of Patrick D. Thompson.” Thompson’s strategy loans has not yet reported searching otherwise making one finance.
– Morgan Stanley offered the brand new Thompsons a $250,000 mortgage on their Michigan house. New Thompsons utilized the one or two Morgan Stanley mortgages to repay new FDIC the $219,100 lent out-of Gembara’s bank – without having to pay any interest.
– Six-weeks shortly after Thompson try picked so you’re able to an additional city council title, he with his spouse filed amended tax returns to own 2012 because of 2017, no longer stating an effective deduction to the notice that they had never ever paid off into the Washington Government loan. It made an effort to spend the money for Internal revenue service $fifteen,558 and also make up towards tax coupons they had achieved by putting some incorrect allege. However the Internal revenue service said they may generate amends going back simply 36 months, not six.
– A federal huge jury indicted Thompson, charging him which have lying to government regulators along with his Arizona Government money and you can filing five fraudulent tax returns.
He’s resigned from the council, and his reputation could have been taken out of his rules firm’s website, even though the Illinois Ultimate Court features but really so you’re able to punishment Thompson. According to their belief, it’s likely he will clean out his laws permit.
An excellent Daley continues on trial, writing a unique chapter during the Chicago history
– Inside the a page to help you Thompson along with his partner Kathleen, the newest Irs endangered to put good lien up against their property more than delinquent federal income taxes. This is less than three-years pursuing the Internal revenue service had set an excellent lien on Thompsons’ home that was raised a couple months after.
Find out more
– Thompson along with his partner filed several applications in order to Gembara’s lender, asking to obtain $661,100000 to help you refinance their bungalow, and $167,264 on the a couple of-flat. They told you their possessions topped $4.8 mil, as well as $900,one hundred thousand at the Amalgamated Financial, and they got on $900,100 from inside the costs, also $249,500 due to Washington Federal, and this their month-to-month earnings topped $forty,000.